Churbat dajaj bil hilba (Chicken soup with hilba)
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 litre water
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons hilba
- Place the chicken thighs, onion, olive oil, cardamom pods, cloves and 750 ml of the water in a pan.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 40 minutes, until the meat is tender.
- Add the tomatoes, celery seeds and the remaining 350 ml water.
- Season with salt and stir in the hilba.
- Re-cover and continue simmering for a further 15 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chicken #soup #hilba #oliveoil #onion #celeryseeds #greencardamompods #boil #dates #simmering #stock