Chunky Purple Majesty potato and tomato broth
Perfect for autumn / winter this soup will taste delicious and look really great too. Purple Majesty potatoes are available from branches of Sainsbury's.
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- ½ pack of Purple Majesty potatoes (about 600g)
- 800g chopped tomatoes (2 cans)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 litres /3½ pints vegetable stock
- 1 Large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, washed and diced
- 400g cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 175g / 6oz spinach leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the Purple Majesty potatoes by washing and cutting into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large, non-stick, lidded saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the diced onion and garlic and sauté over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Next add the diced potato and sliced red pepper and cook with the onions and garlic for a further 5 minutes adding a splash of water if too dry.
- Now add the vegetable stock, tinned tomatoes, sliced carrot, red pepper, drained cannelloni beans, Worcestershire sauce and teaspoon of sugar.
- Cover and cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are soft but still hold their shape.
- Finally add lots of freshly ground black pepper, stir through the spinach leaves.
- They will cook immediately and serve!
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk