Chorizo meatballs in tomato sauce with bubble and squeak and asparagus
4.6/5 Nice picture, though I say so myself 😁 Jerry, aka Chef)
This is a great recipe to use as an inspiration for an idea of your own.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 500g packet of passata - a can of chopped tomatoes would work
- 2 white onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- A handful of freshly chopped herbs or half a teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- 18 meatballs meatballs made from sausages
- 2 portions of bubble and squeak made from 3 large potatoes and a quarter of a white cabbage
- 4 asparagus spears
- Preheat your oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5), [fan oven 170° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Make up the bubble and squeak from cooked potatoes and white cabbage and shape into circles with an egg ring or by hand. I also added a tablespoon of mustard seeds and a little onion as well.
- Place on a greased baking tray or silicone baking mat and bake for 35 minutes - a dribble of olive oil on the top helps to brown the top.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a frying pan together with a good pinch of black pepper
- Saute the onions for 4 minutes then add the chopped garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes, add the passata, mixed herbs and optionally, a splash of red wine.
- If the meatballs are made from raw sausages, add them now, if they are already cooked, pop them in the sauce for the last ten minutes.
- Simmer for 30 minutes on a low heat, stirring now and then. This will reduce the sauce a little
- Steam the asparagus for 5 minutes and serve
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#oliveoil #chorizomeatballsintomatosaucewithbubbleandsqueakandasparagus #onions #potatoes #cabbage #asparagus #passata #sauce #bubbleandsqueak #mixedherbs #simmer