Meatballs from sausages
5/5 I did even better than you: 40 meatballs from 6 sausages. The Judge
We bought some lovely Italian-style sausages from Gourmet sausage maker - Bexley (Hall Place Farmers' Market, Bexley, Kent), but this time, instead of using them as sausages we would extract the sausagemeat from the sausages and make meatballs.
- 6 meaty Italian-style sausages
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, very finely chopped
- Bunch of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- With a sharp knife, carefully cut the sausages lengthwise and scoop the sausagemeat from the skins, which you can discard.
- Peel and very finely chop the white onion.
- Finely chop the fresh basil.
- Mix the chopped onion, herbs and sausagemeat together in a bowl and scrunch it together in your hands, squeezing it through your fingers to mix really well.
- Using a teaspoon as a rough measure, roll the mixture into quite small balls - I managed 35 small meatballs from 6 sausages!
- Toss the meatballs in yellow cornmeal.
- Add a pinch of black pepper to the olive oil and gently fry for about 5 minutes, turning once.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#sausages #oliveoil #onion #sausagemeat #meatballs #yellowcornmeal #fry #meatballsfromsausages #pizza #herbs #basil