Chorizo and mushroom stew
Looks very dark
4.5/5 But tastes great and was good with hunks of bread. The Judge
Although it does not look wonderful on the plate it was deliciously juicy and went really well with nice bread.
- 1 kg small mushrooms, wiped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced or chopped
- 360 ml red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 medium chorizo sausage, skinned and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed. Or to taste
- 140 g walnuts, chopped
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- A pinch of thyme
- Seasoning, to taste
- Melt the olive oil in a pan and fry the onions and garlic until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, wine, tomato purée, Tabasco, thyme and seasoning.
- When the mushrooms are almost cooked, drain off the liquid into another pan and reduce this by half.
- Return the liquid to the mushroom. stir in the chorizo and walnuts and serve.
Serve with crusty bread.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#chorizoandmushroomstew #chorizo #mushrooms #oliveoil #onions #thyme #tomato #walnuts #presunto #diced #fry