Chorizo and mushroom stew
Although it does not look wonderful on the plate it was deliciously juicy and went really well with nice bread.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 kg small mushrooms, wiped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced or chopped
- 360 ml red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 medium chorizo sausage, skinned and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed. Or to taste
- 140 g walnuts, chopped
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- A pinch of thyme
- Seasoning, to taste
- Melt the olive oil in a pan and fry the onions and garlic until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, wine, tomato purée, Tabasco, thyme and seasoning.
- When the mushrooms are almost cooked, drain off the liquid into another pan and reduce this by half.
- Return the liquid to the mushroom. stir in the chorizo and walnuts and serve.
Serve with crusty bread.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.