A very healthy and simple way to cook boneless chicken pieces that retains moisture with no added fat. An ideal way to prepare chicken for a spicy salad.
Why not try jointing your first chicken for this recipe?
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 slices ginger root, chopped into matchsticks
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 large spring onion (scallion) finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes or 1 fresh red chili, julienned
- 1 squeeze lime or lemon juice
- Place the chicken breast on a piece of foil large enough to wrap the chicken in a parcel
- Lay the chicken on a bed made from half of the ingredients then scatter the remaining over the top
- Wrap the chicken in the foil
- I use a vegetable steamer on an upturned bowl in a large pan, but a normal Chinese steamer works ok
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and place the chicken on your steamer so it's over but not immersed in water
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until the chicken properly cooked. Core of chicken breast 74° C (165° F) It will depend on the size of the chicken.
- Don't allow it to boil dry!
- Discard all but the chicken once cooked
Serve hot or cold. Chicken with cold tossed beansprouts is good with chicken cooked this way.
- Steamed chicken
- Poached chicken
- Chinese style steamed chicken
- Whole chicken pressure cooker recipe
- Boiled chicken pieces
- Get chicken pieces the economical way, joint the chicken yourself
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#chinesestylesteamedchicken #garlic #ginger #springonion #lemon #chicken #steamedchicken #steamed #foil #poachedchicken #chiliflakes