Chicken legs with tomato and ginger sauce
Fusion cooking. Not my style, but my husband loves it.
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 2 large chicken legs, weighing about 475g each
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1 bulb garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 green chillies (Cayenne), finely chopped
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Add the chicken, skin side downwards and cook until golden.
- Turn the chicken over, season and cook until the other side is golden.
- Remove from pan and reserve.
- Drain off the fat, leaving 10ml in the pan.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chillies and fry until the garlic is golden.
- Add the tomatoes and sugar and cook on a high-ish heat for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, add the chicken and cook, covered, for 20-30 minutes until you can run a skewer straight through to the bone.
- Add the coriander leaves just before serving.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.