Cheese and ham savouries
Just seen that y9ou also used curry powder in this
4.4/5 I'll have to make this again now! The Judge
A whole roll of ready-made puff pastry makes 4 of these and there quite substantial. I've used pre-sliced Maasdam cheese because I that was what was in the fridge at the time - any of you favourite cheeses would work in this - even blue cheese!
I also added a teaspoon of curry powder to one of mine - Yum 🤪!
- 1 roll of ready made puff pastry
- 6 slices of Maasdam cheese, rolled and chopped
- 4 medium sized slices of ham, rolled and chopped
- A few tablespoons of milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Quarter the puff pastry into squares
- Chop the cheese and ham and divide into four piles
- Add the mixture to the middle of the pastry
- If you want to add any extra flavourings, do this now
- Roll up or 'pasty-fy' your savoury
- Use a fork to seal the edge or squeeze the edges together to seal
- Brush with a little milk so the pastry turns golden when cooked
- Pop onto a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper
- Bake for 30 minutes or until they 'look' nice.
Slices of cheese such as Massdam are perfect
Eat hot or cold.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#puffpastry #maasdamcheese #pastry #cheeseandhamsavouries #ham #snacksandlightbites #maincourses #bake #cheeserecipes #maincourse #breadandbaking