Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 tin of chickpeas (430 g), drained (reserve some of the water for later) and rinsed in cold running water
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ green chili, chopped
- sprigs of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 large fresh tomato, chopped (or 2 tablespoons of tinned tomatoes, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 50g from a block of creamed coconut
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala or curry powder
- sea salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok and brown the onions
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry for a minute or two
- Add the powdered spices and chickpeas and stir-fry for a minute
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, cover and simmer for 10 minutes
- If you want more 'gravy' add a little of the reserved water
Serve garnished with chopped coriander
Daal can be made with most varieties of lentils and pulses, though the soaking and cooking time may vary.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.