Brussels sprouts with pine nuts, garlic and guindilla peppers
A quick and easy recipe which can be served as a first course and an accompaniment.
This recipe is reproduced here (in English) courtesy of Gastronomía&Cía.
Para ver esta receta en castellano, pulsa aquí
- 1 kg fresh Brussels sprouts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 fresh guindilla peppers, sliced and seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons of Grana Padano cheese, grated
- Wash the Brussels sprouts, make a cut in the stalk, remove the outer leaves, wash again and drain well.
- If they are large, cut them in half.
- Heat a pan of water with a tablespoon of salt.
- Bring to the boil, add the Brussels sprouts and cook for about five minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain the sprouts and reserve.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and sauté the Brussels sprouts, cut side down (if cut in half), to brown.
- Season to taste.
- Add the garlic, chillies and pine nuts, stirring from time to time. Serve, sprinkled with the cheese.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#brusselssprouts #garlic #granapadanocheese #pinenuts #brusselssproutswithpinenutsgarlicandguindillapeppers #peppers #accompaniment #boil #unusualrecipes #chilli #spain