Brussels sprouts with pine nuts, garlic and guindilla peppers
A quick and easy recipe which can be served as a first course and an accompaniment.
This recipe is reproduced here (in English) courtesy of Gastronomía&Cía.
Para ver esta receta en castellano, pulsa aquí
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 kg fresh Brussels sprouts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 fresh guindilla peppers, sliced and seeds removed
- 4 tablespoon Grana Padano cheese, grated
- Wash the Brussels sprouts, make a cut in the stalk, remove the outer leaves, wash again and drain well.
- If they are large, cut them in half.
- Heat a pan of water with a tablespoon of salt.
- Bring to the boil, add the Brussels sprouts and cook for about five minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain the sprouts and reserve.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and sauté the Brussels sprouts, cut side down (if cut in half), to brown.
- Season to taste.
- Add the garlic, chillies and pine nuts, stirring from time to time. Serve, sprinkled with the cheese.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.