Broccoli, chilli, orange Soup
A zingy way to warm up your greens
- 500ml veg stock
- 1 floury potato, peeled and diced
- A splash of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped (more or less, to taste)
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 head of broccoli, finely chopped
- Bring your stock to the boil. Add the potato. Lower heat to a rolling simmer. Add a splash of oil to a hot frying pan. Add the onion in with a pinch of salt and pepper. Lower heat.
- Sizzle till tender. Mix in the garlic and chilli. Cook till softened. Add the orange zest and juice. Let the juice reduce down till its almost a sticky glaze. Take off heat.
- When the potatos cooked, add the broccoli to the pot. Cook till just tender.
- Spoon a bit of stock into the orangey/onion pan to loosen the mix. Pop it in a food processor, along with the broccoli, potato and most of the stock. Whizz till smooth. Add more stock as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Taste. Add more orange or chilli, if you like.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
All of the ingredients in this recipe can be delivered to your door by Abel & Cole; weekly home deliveries of organic fruit and vegetable boxes, and much much more.