/5 The Judge
All of the whole spices have been left whole.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 6 fat cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 Bramblebee Farm Aberdeen Angus burgers, broken into small pieces
- 1 heaped teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 heaped teaspoons whole white cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- 2 heaped teaspoons sweet paprika powder
- 2 heaped teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 level teaspoons extra hot chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Cock Brand green curry paste
- 2 teaspoon jaggery or brown sugar
- 150 ml red wine
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and well rinsed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 handful sultanas
- In a large pan or wok add the olive oil and black pepper
- slowly soften the onions for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and broken up burgers and turn often for a few minutes to prevent sticking.
- Stir in all the spices and heat for a few minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine and lime juice.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook, covered, on the lowest heat for up to 4 hours. The longer it is cooked the better the gravy, though it would be fine after 45 minutes if you were pushed for time.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#burgers #onions #oliveoil #spices #redwine #limejuice #bramblebeefarm #deglaze #yogurt #cuminseeds #coconutmilk