Bouneschlupp (Green bean soup)
- 30g butter
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 2 soup spoons flour
- 1 litre hot stock
- 500g French beans, topped and tailed and cut into pieces
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped into smallish pieces
- 2 sprigs chervil
- 2 tablespoons Sour cream
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add the onions and bacon and sauté until the onion are soft.
- Stir and the flour and gently cook for about 4 minutes - do not allow to burn.
- Gradually stir in the hot stock, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add the beans and chervil and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and season lightly.
- Simmer for a further 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve with the sour cream.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#potatoes #bacon #flour #chervil #sourcream #soup #stock #onions #simmer #butter #belgium