Bondepige med slør (Veiled country girl)
- 450g fine breadcrumbs (preferably rye)
- 45g butter
- 30g sugar
- 450g thick apple sauce
- 1 x 284ml pot of cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon redcurrant jelly
- mix the breadcrumbs, butter and sugar and add to a heavy bottomed frying pan
- Toss gently over a medium heat until the breadcrumbs are very crisp
- Allow to cool
- Put alternate layers of crumbs and apple sauce in a serving dish, ending with the breadcrumbs
- Cover with the whipped cream and decorate with the redcurrant jelly.
- Chill before serving.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#breadcrumbs #redcurrantjelly #applesauce #butter #chocolate #panfried #dessert #apple #whippedcream #cream #grated