Bombay Rooster potatoes (V)
This dish is simple yet spicy! Demonstrating how good health and great taste can go hand in hand.
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 pinches of chilli powder
- ½ teaspoons turmeric powder
- 350g/12oz Rooster potatoes, boiled and quartered
- In a large, non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seed, chilli powder and turmeric powder and fry for 1 minute stirring continuously.
- Now add the boiled and quartered Rooster potatoes and fry for about 4 minutes ensuring they get covered on the spice and seed mixture.
- The potatoes will turn a yellow colour.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover the pan and cook the potatoes for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk
#potatoes #fry #chillipowder #turmericpowder #oliveoil #seed #mustardseeds #mustardseed #boiledorsimmered #spice