Blue cheese venison burgers on crispy garlic new potatoes
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 4 x 100 g venison burger patties (or meat of your choice)
- 450 g new potatoes
- 4 fat bulbs of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of blue cheese or mature cheddar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tomatoes to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Wash the new potatoes, don't peel them
- Halve them and steam or boil for about 20 minutes until soft, but not disintegrating
- Add 2 tablespoons to be base of a small oven tray
- Distribute half of the crushed garlic over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Add the cooked new potatoes on crush roughly with a fork
- Sprinkle the remaining garlic over the potatoes and season again.
- Lay the venison burgers over the crushed potatoes and bake for about 30 minutes at the top of the oven, turning once after 15 minutes
- After 30 minutes, top the burgers with blue cheese and grill until the cheese is bubbling
Serve with sliced tomatoes
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.