White rice (TM)
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Best recipe for White rice (TM))
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (optional)
- 800g water
- Salt, to taste
- 350g rice [I presume they are referring to Spanish rice such as Valencia, Bomba, Calasparra etc]
- Put the oil, water and salt into the bowl and insert the internal steaming basket 7 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 1, to boil the water.
- Pour the rice through the hole in the lid 13 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 4 (move the rice about using the spatula from time to time.
- When the time is up, check that the rice is cooked to your taste and if not, program for a further 2 minutes at the same temperature and speed.
- Immediately remove the basket with the rice, tip it into a wide dish and leave until it has lost a little heat.
- This is a translation of a recipe in Thermomix TM31 Imprescindible para tu cocina which is the book supplied with Spanish TMXs.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.