Beetroot salad (cold)
To quote Nik:
"Its earthy and sweet and fragrant and spicy and fruity, we served it at our wedding feast, and it went down a storm"
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 500g beetroot, either freshly boiled, or from the supermarket (but make sure it's not in vinegar)
- 4 oranges, Freshly squeezed. Use the juice and the zest
- 1 to 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon dark brown or muscovado sugar
- Chop beetroot into skinny strips and arrange in a serving bowl
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of juice. Heat the rest with the zest, add 1 teaspoon of allspice and the sugar. Check for spiciness and add more allspice if you like it that way
- Mix the reserved juice with the cornflour. Add to juice in pan, heating gently, stirring constantly until the mixture has thickened a bit
- Pour over the beetroot and chill overnight so the flavours become bosom buddies.
- Take it out of the fridge in plenty of time to be able to serve at room temperature
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.