Basa baked with potatoes, tomatoes and fennel
A nice fish dish that is a complete meal and has a Mediterranean feel to it.
- 2 basa fillets, about 250 g in total
- 6 thin slices of salami or pepperoni
- 2 large scrubbed potatoes, unpeeled and sliced into 3cm discs
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- About 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices of lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- A few stems of parsley
- A small sprig of thyme
- 3 fresh bay leaves, crushed to release the flavour
- 4 tb olive oil
- A small fennel bulb, finely chopped
- Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Add all of the ingredients apart from the basa and salami into a Lock and Lock box
- Cover and gently shake to mix well and coat with oil
- In a suitably sized baking tray, make a 'bed' with half of the contents
- Add the fish, cover with the salami slices and cover with the remaining ingredients
- Bake for 30 minutes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.