Barbecued king prawn skewers
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Barbecued king prawn skewers recipe)
This recipe is ideal for camping when travelling light and especially suited for using with a disposable barbecue. Prepare the basic ingredients before you leave, store in a lock and lock box and they will be ready to assemble and cook by the time you arrive at the camp-site.
- 2 teaspoons (or to taste) hot pepper sauce or Tabasco sauce
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- juice of 1 lime or lemon
- zest from ½ a lime or lemon
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 200 g peeled king prawns
- 5 cm (2") Chorizo, thickly cut into discs, then into quarters
- 1 red pepper de-seeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a 1 litre lock and lock box, close and shake well.
- Add the king prawns, they will be ready in a few hours. Keep them cool on a hot day.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 20 minutes
- Light the barbecue and leave for about 30 minutes to get to cooking temperature (it should stop smoking once it's hot enough)
- With the food well out of the way, vigorously fan the barbecue to remove excess ash and also to increase the heat a little.
- Place the skewers on the barbecue and cook for about 15 minutes, turning regularly to prevent them burning.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.