Avocado and Capricorn goats' cheese salad
Avocado and goats' cheese, an interesting combination and being suitable for vegetarians it's another recipe idea for our Gent nights. It would make a good starter or with some crusty bread would probably make a good main course.
Many thanks to those nice people at The Lubborn Creamery who gave us permission to reproduce this recipe.
- 12 small tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 4 tablespoons French dressing.
- 2 x 100g Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados
- 25g toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Place the tomatoes and garlic on a baking tray and drizzle over the oil.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes, until just soft.
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl and mix together with the French dressing, Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese and parsley.
- Peel, stone and slice the avocados.
- Fan the avocado slices onto a serving plate and spoon the tomato mixture onto the smaller end of the fan.
- Sprinkle over some toasted pine nuts.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#avocadoandcapricorngoatscheesesalad #tomatoes #parsley #grill #avocado #avocados #toasted #pinenuts #french #thelubborncreamery #bread