Avocado and Capricorn goats' cheese salad
Avocado and goats' cheese, an interesting combination and being suitable for vegetarians it's another recipe idea for our Gent nights. It would make a good starter or with some crusty bread would probably make a good main course.
Many thanks to those nice people at The Lubborn Creamery who gave us permission to reproduce this recipe.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 12 small tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 4 tablespoons French dressing.
- 2 x 100g Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados
- 25g toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Place the tomatoes and garlic on a baking tray and drizzle over the oil.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes, until just soft.
- Place the tomatoes in a bowl and mix together with the French dressing, Capricorn Somerset Goats' cheese and parsley.
- Peel, stone and slice the avocados.
- Fan the avocado slices onto a serving plate and spoon the tomato mixture onto the smaller end of the fan.
- Sprinkle over some toasted pine nuts.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.