Apricot and lentil soup
An unusual soup from Armenia, reflecting the Middle Eastern use of fruit with savoury dishes. The recipe was taken from VegaliciousRecipes.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 55 g red lentils
- 55 g dried apricots, soaked if necessary
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 625 ml vegetable stock
- The juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Croutons to garnish
- Place lentils in a large saucepan.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then purée until smooth.
- Reheat to serving temperature and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Garnish with the croutons.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.