- 4 slices of plaited bread
- 4 slices of smoked ham
- 4 pears in syrup
- 4 slices Appenzeller or other Swiss cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the grill.
- Toast the bread in a toaster
- Cover the bread slices with half of cheese and add a layer of ham to each.
- Add a pear to each ham slice and cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Grill until bubbling and season to taste.
Serve on its own or with some salad.
Use a good ordinary shaped bread if you do not have any plaited
- Appenzeller cheese - The Swiss cheese
- Appenzelleri (Appenzell Pork) - A recipe from Appenzell in north-east Switzerland
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#appenzellaparitif #bread #cheese #ham #grill #appenzellercheese #pears #grated #toasted #pear #smokedham