Apem cake (translation)
This 'street food' recipe was added by an Indonesian visitor: User:ROWI. It was added in the Indonesian language so for the benefit of others, I have translated the recipe from Indonesian using Google Translate and formatted it for Cookipedia's recipe pages.
We do not have an Indonesian or Javanese category so I have added it to the closest geographical categories we have to Indonesia: Chinese and Indian.
The original recipe and related references can be found in the See also section.
Make cooking or food is an exciting hobby. Not only for women but also for men and even children and adolescents. A variety of menus ranging snacks to heavy meals can be prepared and processed foods dikreasi be new and unique. Traditional and unique and still remain stable even still be an idol. It is true what people say that "taste never lie", as evidenced by the good food will still taste delicious on the tongue yet. Well on this one website to review many typical Indonesian food menu. Variety can be known to her directly by visiting the site directly. For example, here is one menu that has been presented, namely apem cake. There are not yet familiar with apem cake? If Java people would know yes. Apem national language is pancakes, and international language is its dorayaki cake Doraemon (Japan has) he he he. Whatever its name, the same shape, so yes it doang. Most modified slightly contrived nothing like wings wide, there are built like a flying saucer aircraft, there is a simple round doang sprawl, all sorts lah. Well we all know yet what makes this delicious pancake until hunted many culinary connoisseur? Nothing less than the tender meat chewy, sweet and distinctive taste like coconut sticky savory mixes, and unique texture when cut open his flesh like a pattern perforated like a honeycomb.
SERABINYA JAVA-cake APEM In the Java community, this cake easily found in traditional markets, vegetable stalls, night market, and even being sold by street vendors on the roadside. In addition as a snack, this cake usually served at a celebration event in Java or known by the name "berkahan". Sometimes on the show "ruwahan" or "nyadran" ada.-Nyadran is also clean-up activities tomb area, usually performed in conjunction with the fasting month-.
APEM-easy or hard MAKE IT? The cake is quite unique snack. One that makes it unique is the way to cook it. In the Java community, there apem cooking that uses a special mold made of clay, but many also have used common molds that are sold freely in the market or supermarket. Cook it must also be careful not to use too large a stove fire. A small flame that is important enough heat evenly. Here's a little review about the ins and outs of how to make a cake apem with the materials needed as well as other important things. Nothing is hidden or secret recipe. Indonesian recipes kitchen team will review it briefly but clearly is solid and has been successfully tried and succeeded.
- 250 g rice flour
- 200 g flour
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 200 g fermented cassava which has been crushed
- 200 g sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- 500 ml of warm coconut milk
- half teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Material source: mix yeast with 2 tablespoons flour, knead with a little added water until smooth. And diamlan for about 15 minutes
- Combine the rest of the flour with rice flour, sugar, sticky tape, and salt. Mix well and add the source material. Knead the dough, adding the egg and warm coconut milk little by little. Continue to knead until the dough becomes smooth. After that, allow the dough for 1 hour.
- Dough will inflate after 1 hour settling. Then stir evenly. 4. Preheat apem cookie cutters, and do not forget to spread with oil. Pour batter into each mold, each one spoon, then closed. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Behind the dough with the help of a spoon, then continue to cook again until done.
- Remove and serve while warm.
Apem more delicious when eaten while warm, flesh firmness when it's cold turned into a bit stiff / hard.
That was the basis of cake recipes apem / pancake. Let me look different, you can add sprinkles meses creation with chocolate or grated cheese on top as well. Or might want to try was given pieces of pineapple, strawberry, or jackfruit on it also allowed. Good luck and enjoy the delights apem.
- Recipe (in Indonesian) as added by User:ROWI
- Coconut cake 'Klappertarrt' - Wikipedia
- Indonesian snacks 'Kue' - Wikipedia
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#cake #flour #coconutmilk #yeast #riceflour #dough #pancake #snack #knead #rest #savory