Albóndigas en caldo (Meatballs in stock)
For the meatballs
- 450g minced beef
- 110g cornmeal or 60g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Garlic to taste, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Red chillies, to taste, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 2 free range eggs, beaten
- 1 large or 2 small extra hard-boiled eggs
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon annatto oil
- 1 further onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 further chilli, seeded and chopped
- 710 ml beef stock
- Mix the beef, cornmeal or breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, parsley, chillies, oregano, seasoning and beaten eggs. Form into balls about 5cm in diameter (about 90g in weight) putting a piece of hard-boiled egg into the middle of each ball and set aside.
- Heat the annatto oil in a saucepan and sauté the other onions, the tomatoes, the other chilli and more seasoning until the onion is soft. Add the beef stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the meatballs and simmer until they are done, about 30 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.