Ajoblanco with pears (TM)
- 150 g almonds, skinned
- 1 kg Conference pears, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- Garlic to taste, peeled - I used 4 cloves, although I feel it could take more
- 110g olive oil
- 25ml sherry vinegar
- 2g (¼ tsp) sea salt (you may need less if using stock)
- 175g water or vegetable stock
- Fresh parsley, blanched for 15 seconds, put into iced water, then patted dry
- Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of Pine nuts, toasted
- Add the almonds, pears, garlic, olive oil, sherry vinegar, half the salt and water or stock into the bowl 1 minute / Speed 5-7-9
- Check for seasoning and add more, salt, vinegar and oil if necessary
- If the soup is too thick, thin down with a little more water or stock
- Blend again 10 seconds / Speed 5
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour
- Meanwhile, make parsley oil by blending 1 part (by volume) to 3 parts olive oil (also by volume) until you have a green sauce 1 minute / Speed 5-7-9. If you are only making a small amount, it would be best to use a stick blender.
- Once the soup has chilled, drizzle a little of the parsley oil over it and sprinkle a few pine nuts on the top
Serve with crusty bread
- Translated and adapted for Thermomix from a Canal Cocina recipe
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.