Air Fried Chip Shop Chips
You need a few kitchen gadgets to make these, but it is well worth the effort. After trying many different products, I can safely say this collection of gadgets are the best!
By the way, I have absolutely no commercial affiliation with any of the products or companies mentioned.
- Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes at the 180° C
Salad spinner for £20 - Amazon UK
The Tefal Actifry Genius - Amazon UK
£159 (3rd jan 2021) - £226 only 2 weeks later? 😲
Markies potatoes make the best chips
- Wash the potatoes well in cold water
- Cut out any blemishes or bad marks
- Using a speed peeler and peel the potatoes
- Using a potato chipper if you have one, cut into chips
- Wash the starch off the chips by placing in a colander under cold running water.
- If you have time, they benefit from being soaked in well salted water before you cook them.
- Certainly pop them in a bowl of salted water until you are ready to fry them - just like the chip-shop does.
- Just before you r going to cook them, give the chipped potatoes a final rinse and dry them in a tea-towel.
- A salad spinner is a brilliant way to dry them thoroughly, though you may have to do this in a few batches - depending how greedy you both are!
- Add no more than 2 tablespoons of olive oil to your air fryer and tip potatoes in.
- Around 35 to 37 minutes seems to cook them perfectly, though check them a little before this as some potatoes cook faster than others.
if you are using a non-paddle air fryer such as the Pro Breeze Air Fryer, add the potatoes to a Lock and Lock box with a few tables spoons of olive oil and shake them furiously to coa the chips evenly in oil.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#potatoes #chips #oliveoil #speedpeeler #airfryer #sophitopotatochipper #saladspinner #maltvinegar #salted #starch #unusualrecipes