Mint and orange lamb fillet
- 3 tablespoons of the olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 300g lamb fillet, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 medium sized red onion, peeled and chopped
- 100g bottled red pepper drained and roughly chopped.
- 50g black olives, pitted
- 1 orange, zested and peeled then chopped into bite-sized segments
- A splash of lemon juice
- A handful of mint leaves, chopped
- sea salt
- Add a good pinch of black pepper to a wok or large frying pan, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add the chopped red onion and the lamb steaks and brown the lamb fillets, turning often.
- Once the steaks are browned the onions should have also taken some of the colour
- Turn the pan down and add the chopped red peppers and olives
- Add the chopped orange segments and orange zest, together with a splash of lemon juice
- Stir well and simmer gently for about 5 minutes
- Stir in the chopped mint and simmer for a further 5 minutes
- Taste for seasoning and serve
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.