Couscous, pepper and garlic salad
This recipe needs advance preparation!
The peppers and garlic are roasted. Preserved roasted red peppers such as Pimientos del Piquillo de Lodosa are excellent for this recipe and a great time saver. The recipe has no particular country of origin, but its flavours are a combination of Spanish and Maghreb
- 2 bulbs garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 80 ml olive oil
- 2 large red peppers, roasted and peeled or preserved, and cut into strips
- 380 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 180 g couscous
- 90 g melted butter
For the dressing
- 125 ml Gazpacho ligero con mostaza or tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons harissa
- 60 ml olive oil
- 4 tablespoons herbs, finely chopped, eg. chives, flat-leaved parsley
- Bring the stock to the boil and stir in the cousous.
- Remove from the heat and allow to stand until it has absorbed the liquid.
- Return to heat and stir in the butter.
- Allow to cool and add the peppers, garlic and dressing.
- Chill briefly.
To make the dressing
- Place all the ingredients in a jar and shake until blended
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#couscouspepperandgarlicsalad #garlic #oliveoil #butter #preserved #peppers #tomatojuice #roastedredpeppers #boil #chickenstock #stock