Chicken and Leek Pie with Simply Stir Mushroom
As you improve, you can become more adventurous and adapt this recipe to suite your personal taste.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts chopped into chunks
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 pouches of Philadelphia Simply Stir Mushroom
- 1 pack ready roll puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten
- When ready to cook, preheat an oven to 220 °C/ 425 °F/ Gas 7
- n a frying pan lightly fry the chicken and leek in the oil for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is almost cooked through and the leeks are soft.
- Add the contents of the Simply Stir pouches and stir through. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the mixture between two small pie dishes into one medium sized pie dish.
- Cut two small rectangles of pastry slightly bigger than the sides of the dishes (or one big one). Cut one rectangle of pastry slightly bigger than the sides of the dish. Set aside. Egg wash to top the edges of the pie dish and top the pastry. Trim the edges so that they dont overhang. Brush egg wash over the rest of the surface and make two small holes for the steam to escape when cooking.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 25-35 minutes. The top should be nicely browned and the filling piping hot. Remove, allow to cool slightly and serve. Works really well with peas and carrots.
Other recipes that use Philadelphia Simply Stir Mushroom:
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.