Ham sauce for noodles
Ham this up a bit!
This sounds really lame as a recipe. It's not! It's brilliant. I only made it so I could photograph it but we've now had this twice in one week, it's so good. It's a good recipe to use up odd fridge leftovers too.
- 2 tablespoons groundnut oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 100g (4 oz) ham, cubed
- 250 ml (8 fl oz) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 spring onions, chopped on the diagonal
- 1 beaten egg
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, celery and ham for 2 minutes
- Add the stock and bring back to the boil
- Cover and simmer for 3 minutes
- On a saucer, mix the cornflour and water and stir to a smooth paste
- Pour into the sauce, stirring continuously until it thickens
- Beat the egg and mix into the sauce, stirring until it cooks
- Remove from heat and serve, sprinkled with chopped spring onions
Pour over egg noodles
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#hamsaucefornoodles #onion #cornflour #celery #springonions #noodles #egg #groundnutoil #fridge #unusualrecipes #chickenstock