- 1 kg onions, thickly sliced
- 60 g butter
- A little milk
- 140 ml sour cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 150g emmental cheese, grated
- 120g Breadcrumbs
- Salt, pepper and paprika
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4).
- Stew the onions in the butter and milk in a pan until soft.
- Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Beat together the yolks, cream, salt and pepper and pour over the onions.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve with salad.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#zwiebelauflauf #onions #cheese #breadcrumbs #butter #miseenplace #bake #unusualrecipes #dutchcheeses #onion #casserole