Zürcher Geschnetzeltes (Zürich cut meat)
- 600 g veal, thinly sliced
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 300 g button mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 125 ml white wine
- 200 ml single cream
- Salt and black pepper
- Flat leaved parsley, finely chopped
- Lightly coat the veal in flour.
- Heat the butter to medium in a saucepan and fry the veal until it is almost cooked.
- Remove the veal and set aside.
- In the same pan, soften the onions, then add the mushrooms and increase the heat to high.
- Deglaze with the wine, add the cream and bring to the boil.
- Add the veal to the sauce and adjust seasoning.
- Add the chopped parsley and serve.
Serve with rösti.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#veal #butter #parsley #flour #stew #buttonmushrooms #fry #stewedbraisedorpotroasted #onions #mushroom #carrots