- 30 g butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pinch salt
- Pinch nutmeg, grated
- 8 tablespoons coarse semolina
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 litre good, strong beef consommé
- 450 g garden peas
- 250 g small mushrooms, wiped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Cream the butter in a bowl, add the egg, salt and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the semolina and the water and leave to stand for 2 hours.
- Shape the mixture into small dumplings.
- Bring the consommé to the boil, reduce the heat and add the dumplings.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the peas and mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve, garnished with the chopped parsley.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#semolina #dumplings #nutmeg #beef #butter #parsley #egg #wienerfleischsuppe #mushrooms #beefstock #boil