Vivas Tapas nachos
Worth the hard work
4.5/5 🌶🌽🥑🍤 The Judge
Viva Tapas & Bebidas, a small bare-brick premises decorated with vintage furniture and kitsch bric-a-brac. Drinking happens under the watchful eyes of the Virgin of Guadeloupe - depicted on a giant mural, flickering from glass candles on the tables. Viva brings some Mexican flair and yummy Mexican tapas.
- 3-4 tomatoes, (seeds removed) finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, (seeds removed) finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 large lime, juice only
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 200g/7oz bags plain tortilla chips
- 200g/7oz tinned La Costena Jalapeno chillies, drained, sliced
- 200g/7oz mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 x 150ml/5¼fl oz pot soured cream
- Small handful of chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 160° C (325° F - gas 3), [fan oven 140° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Mix all of the salsa ingredients together until well combined.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the tortilla chips into a large ovenproof dish. Scatter over the sliced jalapeno peppers and grated cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and cook until the cheese has melted, about 4-5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon dollops of salsa and soured cream on top of the nachos.
- Sprinkle over the coriander leaves.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Mextrade.co.uk has kindly given Cookipedia permission to reproduce this recipe.
Mextrade was founded in 2010 by Mexican entrepreneur’s cuisine lovers, opened with a primary goal of bringing irresistible flavours from the best quality Mexican products to households, kitchens and dinner tables across the UK.
#seeds #cheese #tortillachips #grated #salsa #vivastapasnachos #souredcream #corianderleaves #tapas #lime #nachos