Tuna and bulgar wheat pilau
(Redirected from Tuna and bulgar wheat pilau recipe)
This quick and healthy meal would probably be as good cold as it was when we had it hot recently.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 3 Cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed (optional)
- 110g bulgar wheat (dry weight)
- 200g can tuna in brine, drained
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 120g frozen peas, defrosted
- zest and juice from half a lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add a grind of black pepper
- Gently sauté the onions for about 5 minutes, adding the garlic for the last few.
- Add the bulgar wheat and stir well so it is coated with the oil
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed
- Add the flaked tuna and the peas, stir and allow to heat through.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, season to taste and serve.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#tunaandbulgarwheatpilau #garlic #tuna #oliveoil #zest #bulgarwheat #vegetablestock #peeledprawns #defrosted #crayfishtails #brine