Tuna and avocado ceviche
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 200g best quality fresh tuna steak (sashimi quality)
- Zest and juice from 2 limes
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 fresh red chilli - finely chopped - seeds removed if preferred
- ½ teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and cut into thin slices
- Cut the tuna into 5 mm (¼) cubes
- Add the tuna and the remaining ingredients to a Lock and Lock-style box
- Close the lid - shake like mad and refrigerate for 3 hours - shaking now and then
- Taste, adjust the seasoning and serve over the avocado slices.
- Serve in a Martini glass for that 'dinner party' look
- To serve as 'finger food', spoon small amounts onto trimmed green salad leaves
- Similar ceviche-style recipes
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#tunaandavocadoceviche #tuna #limes #avocado #seeds #springonion #lockandlock #salad #grated #refrigerate #zest