Tricornes de brebis cheese
- tricornes de brebis are produced in the coastal town of Marans and are also known as Tricorne de Marans
- Fresh or soft. Rindless if fresh
- ewes' milk, but goats' and cows' milk may be used if there is a shortage
Aroma and taste
- Intense, slightly sweet and acidic taste
Strength and texture
- Strong. Consumed fresh or matured for 2-3 weeks to 3 months
Shape, weight and size
- Triangular shape. Sides 8cm, height 3cm, weight 250g
- If made from ewes' milk it is best consumed at the end of winter
Develops a mouldy, wrinkled, white rind if left to mature
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Tricornes de brebis cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Tricornes de brebis cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.