Tomato sauce (PC)
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Garlic to taste, diced
- Red chillies, to taste, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1.5kg peeled tomatoes (net weight)
- 4 tablespoons tomato purée
- 6 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a 5 litre or larger pressure cooker.
- Add the onion, garlic and chillies (if using) and sauté until softened. Add all the remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Close the lid and bring the pressure up to medium about 10psi.
- Keep at this pressure for 7 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to reduce naturally.
- Remove the lid and if desired, boil until the sauce begins to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the parsley.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.