- 500g pork belly - as I live in Turkey I get Bulgarian "bakon"
- 2 tablespoons sugar - I like brown sugar for more flavour
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- black pepper - fresh coarsely ground
- water - coconut juice is sweeter
- 3 boiled eggs
- First caramelise the sugar: put a couple of tablespoons of sugar in the bottom of a small pot and add a little water. Apply medium low heat and wait until it turns brown, thick and bubbly.
- Add the chunks of pork belly, a tablespoon each of fish sauce and soy sauce, and a tablespoon of black pepper. At this point also add some water or coconut water if available. Add just enough liquid to reach the top of the pork chunks.
- Simmer until almost fully cooked and add the boiled eggs. Make sure to stir them so they turn brown all over and soak up the sauce.
- When the pork is cooked and shrunk it's ready!
Best served with freshly cooked rice.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.