Tex-Mex breaded smoked salmon
I used Old India Taco Seasoning for the spices and masa harina where I would normally use plain flour. If you don't have the Old India taco seasoning you could use homemade Tex-Mex seasoning, a different taco seasoning or your own blend of spices. This was so good, we're having again tonight!
- 125g packet of thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1 beaten egg
- 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Old India Taco Seasoning
- 3 tablespoon masa harina
- Separate the smoked salmon sheets and cut them smaller if they are very large.
- Add the Old India Taco Seasoning to the breadcrumbs and mix well. Tip this mix onto a large plate.
- Add the masa harina to one plate and the beaten egg to another.
- Put 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a large pan and heat gently.
- Dredge each salmon sheet in masa harina (or plain flour), dip it in the beaten egg to coat both sides then dredge it through the breadcrumb mix, patting it down to ensure a good covering.
- Pop the coated salmon into the pan and cook for 2 minutes a side, turning once. You may need to do this in batches rather than crowding the pan.
Serve with a selection of salads.
If you are using Old India Taco Seasoning, don't add any extra salt as the mix is already quite salty. If you add extra seasoning, it won't get any spicier, it will just get saltier.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.