Tex-Mex breaded pork chops
A really simple recipe that livens up pork chops.
I make my own Tex-Mex mix / Taco mix but you can buy it in packet form in most supermarkets. I notice in the US (Walmart), you can even buy a 200g container of it! Be a while before that's available over here I guess. Anyway, I do prefer my own!
After I made these I went on a search for a commercial blend 'tex-mex taco mix' that was available in large quantities. I found Old India Taco Seasoning and was very pleased with the results.
- 2 pork chops
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons ground cornmeal
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoon Taco mix, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Mix the breadcrumbs, cornmeal and Tex-Mex mix together and spread out on a plate
- Dip the pork chops in the beaten egg, then coat the pork chops with the spicy breadcrumb mix
- Place on a baking tray with a wire grid and bake for 25 minutes.
- Check that the pork is properly cooked, allow to rest for 5 minutes, then serve.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.