Teleci gulas (Veal goulash)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 900g stewing veal, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, crushed
- 500ml hot chicken or veal stock
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the veal and fry until lightly browned.
- Season with the salt, pepper and caraway seeds.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and cooking for a further 7 minutes.
- Add the onion and carrot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add half of the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and allow to simmer for one hour or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat and allow almost all of the stock to evaporate.
- Stir in the flour and add the parsley and the remaining stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Serve with a green salad
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.