Tarator (Yoghurt and walnut soup)
This simple and easy chilled Bulgarian soup is a legacy from the Ottoman empire.
- 1.2 litres yogurt
- 1 cucumber, grated, salted and drained for 30 minutes
- Garlic, to taste, crushed, with a little salt
- 75 g walnuts, crushed
- A few sprigs of mint and dill, finely chopped
- Rinse the cucumber and stir into the yogurt with the garlic and walnuts.
- Pour into serving bowls and garnish with the chopped herbs.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#yoghurt #walnuts #garlic #cucumber #litres #mint #chilli #dill #soup #unusualrecipes #herbs