Sweetcorn and chilli soup (TM)
I just threw this together. I used 2 long chillies of the variety sold in Indian grocery chops and it was fairly hot. This recipe is for making in a Thermomix but can easily be adapted for making in a saucepan and finishing off in a blender.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 onion, peeled and thickly sliced
- Chillies, to taste
- 30g olive oil
- Pinch of sugar
- 500g frozen sweetcorn
- 300g water
- 250g single cream
- 2 teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
- Seasoning (if needed)
- Parsley, to garnish
- Put the oil into the TM bowl 8 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed 1
- Add the onion slices and the sugar 15 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Reverse Blade / Speed Spoon / MC OFF
- Add the sweetcorn, water, cream and vegetable bouillon powder and cook 15 minutes / 100°C / Speed 1 / MC On.
- Blend the soup 1 minute / increasing from Speed Spoon to Speed 9.
- Serve garnished with some chopped parsley.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.