Sweet potato bake
A hot and spicy vegetarian side dish from Wahaca's recipes.
- 500g sweet potato
- 5 tablespoons Wahaca habanero chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of dried thyme
- 2 red onions
- 100g feta cheese
- Preheat a baking tray in your oven at 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into bite-sized cubes
- Add the olive oil, Wahaca habanero sauce, salt, pepper and thyme to a Lock and Lock box. Replace the lid and shake like mad to coat the sweet potatoes evenly
- Peel and quarter the red onions and add the the Lock and Lock box. Shake more gently this time so as not to separate the onions too much
- Shake the mixture on to the hot baking tray and bake for 40 minutes
- After 35 minutes, crumble the feta cheese over the sweet potatoes and return to the oven for the final 5 minutes
- Serve hot!
- Try this recipe with a variety of chilli sauces!
- Add a tomato salsa to make a tasty vegetarian taco filling.
- Swap the sweet potato for butternut squash. The cooking times will be similar.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.