Sweet potato and squash mash
- 1 large Sweet potato
- 1 small squash or pumpkin - butternut squash is good for this.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Harissa paste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5)
- You can make this ahead of time and reheat in the microwave.
- The squash will take about 25 minutes and the sweet potato about 30 to 45 minutes depending upon the size.
- Halve the sweet potato and place on a rack over a baking tray and roast in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until soft.
- Halve the squash and scoop the seeds out and discard them. Roast the squash for 25 minutes. The seeds can be used for Pepitas if you wish.
- When both are cool enough to handle, scoop the flesh out and mix with the harissa paste if using, mash well and season to taste.
- Serve hot
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.