A tasty finger food from Mexico. You can play around with the ingredients to suit your tastes.
- 130 g (4.5 oz) pumpkin seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, crushed in a pestle and mortar
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chillies, crushed in a pestle and mortar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a heavy based fring pan and dry-fry the seeds until they start to brown. Shimmy the pan `chef-style' to keep them from burning
- Add the olive oil and garlic and heat just to take the raw edge off the garlic
- Add the chillies, sugar and salt, remove from the heat and let the sugar melt and cover the seeds
- Stir well to coat all of the seeds
- Add to a serving bowl and drizzle with the lime juice
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.