Stuffed baked potatoes
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 4 Medium Sized Rooster Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 spring onions
- 50ml Milk
- 125g unsalted butter
- 50g Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Pre-Heat Oven to 475°F/250°C or Gas mark 9
- Wash & Dry the potatoes and rub with vegetable oil.
- Arrange the potatoes on a roasting tray and place in the heated oven for 1 hour approx. (Test with a thin knife and remove when soft.)
- Wash and slice the spring onions.
- Melt 25g butter in a saucepan; add the onions and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Cook gently until the onions are soft, and then remove from the heat.
- Halve the potatoes lengthways, and remove the flesh with a spoon, being careful not to break the skin.
- Crush the potatoes with a fork, add the remaining butter, milk, salt, pepper and spring onions.
- Spoon the potato mixture back into the potato skins, sprinkle with grated parmesan and place onto a baking tray, then brown under a hot grill.
Serve with a nice, crisp salad.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.