Steak wraps with sour cream and salad
A luxurious Saturday night special salad which is delicious, yet fairly economical at about £5 each for two people.
- 1 tablespoon unsmoked paprika powder
- Good pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of dried oregano
- Pinch of hot chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 395g rib eye steak (1 large steak)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Add the paprika, salt, pepper and dried oregano to a pestle and mortar and mix well
- Chop the steak into bite-sized cubes
- Add the cubed steak to a Lock and Lock box and add a tablespoon of lemon juice, close the box and shake well
- Add the powdered spices to the steak, close the box and shake like mad for 10 seconds to coat the meat evenly.
- If you have time, leave for 15 minutes to 'marinade'.
- Heat the olive oil over a high heat and as soon as it's hot, tip in the steak.
- Pan fry for about 4 minutes, turning very often.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.